Grilled On A Plank And Served With Cheese Sauce
Chicken is one of those things that you have on hand all the time. It’s a magic meat that you
can do almost anything to, to make it tasty. But you have to be careful with chicken because
it is easy to fall into a rut. Let me help you out of that chicken rut. Try these lovely chicken thighs, stuffed and then planked to delicious goodness. Then I used the drippings and made
a quick cheesy pan sauce to go on top! Fantastically different than the norm!
Serves: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesPlank Time: 30 minutes Ingredients
- 2 cedar grilling planks, soaked
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup tzatziki sauce
- 8 tbsp. shredded cheese or
8 balls of baby bocconcini cheese
- salt and spices to taste
- potatoes and grill roasted vegetables for servingSauce
- pan drippings
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprikaMethod
- Soak your grilling planks for at least an hour before beginning.
- Preheat your grill to 375°F. Prepare for direct grilling.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel, then season inside and out with salt and Bone Dust. Spread the inside of the thighs with 1 tbsp. of tzatziki sauce and then place some of the cheese or a baby bocconcini ball in the middle. Wrap the thigh around the cheese and fasten closed with a toothpick.
- Place 4 thighs to a plank, then place the planks in a baking tray to catch the juices. Top the thighs with the remaining tzatziki sauce.
- Grill bake the thighs over direct heat for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Pour the juices that ran out/off of the chicken into a small sauce pot. Over medium heat, add the shredded cheese, paprika and cream cheese. Stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables as soon as the sauce is ready.